|Garden Tomatoes in July|
I started Seasonal Eating to help myself and others take better advantage of seasonal produce. My perspective is that of a small-scale gardener and CSA member who receives a weekly box of local produce chosen by someone else. I also have a degree in ecology and sometimes share ideas for conserving natural resources by making earth-friendly choices in the kitchen and garden. Occasionally I’ll get a bit political, on topics such as GMOs (genetically engineered foods) and environmentally destructive fish farming.
|Farmers' Market Heirlooms with Basil|
All Seasonal Eating content and images are copyrighted, and may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission. Noncommercial reuse of images is fine, as long as you credit Seasonal Eating and add a link back to this website.
Here’s what Seasonal Eating aspires to help readers do:
- Appreciate every month of the year (it’s okay to have favorites!)
- Eat local in-season foods
- Create and share recipes
- Improvise and cook creatively
- Conserve personal and planetary resources
- Prepare healthful and delicious whole foods
- Identify and utilize sustainable food sources
- Grow food at home
Santa Cruz County, CA
seasonaleating [at] gmail.com